Although it was Acupuncture that first gained widespread recognition in the West, Chinese Herbal Medicine has always been an important aspect of Oriental Medicine. Herbal remedies can be used as a complement to acupuncture as well as a stand alone treatment.
Chinese Herbal Medicine can greatly enhance the effects of Acupuncture, especially in the treatment of chronic disease where daily therapy is crucial to achieving significant and lasting relief.
If your Acupuncturist feels that Chinese herbs would be useful to you, you will be prescribed an herbal formula designed to meet your individual health needs. The effects of your herbal prescription will be monitored and adjustments will be made if needed to minimize side effects and maximize your healing.
Chinese herbal formulas typically consist of two or more single herbs carefully chosen to enhance and balance one another while targeting both the symptoms and the underlying cause(s) of your condition. Formulas may be administered as raw ingredients to boil into a tea, powders to mix with water, ready-made tinctures, capsules or pills. Your Acupuncturist will work with you to choose a form of herbs that best suits your lifestyle.
Although the side effects of Chinese Herbal Medicine are minimal compared to Western pharmaceuticals, it is still potent medicine and should only be prescribed by a skilled, licensed practitioner.
Living Room’s Other Services
We do more than just acupuncture at Living Room. There are other services that can be very helpful in increasing the health of a patient. Each person is unique and there are many modalities that can be particularly helpful to different clients.
- Moxa can have a strong herbal odor when it is burned. We use smokeless and odorless moxa in our clinic for our clients with allergies or sensitivities.
- Some patient’s are given moxa sticks to self medicate as homework. We have found that this helps in the healing and recovery process.
- Most clients report falling into a slumber like sensation when receiving reiki.
- Reiki works at the energetic levels of the human energy field and also affects the physical functioning of the body.
- Cupping has become in vogue with Hollywood celebrities such as Gwenyth Paltrow sporting cupping marks on her back.
- You don’t have to be a Hollywood celebrity to take advantage of this ancient healing modality.
Why Choose Us
- Our fees are affordable so that you can get all the treatments you need
- All our acupuncturists are board certified by the Florida Board of Acupuncture
- We are conveniently located in Downtown Miami with easy access to major highways
- We are the only clinic that provides community acupuncture in Downtown
- You can come with your spouse or friend and we can treat you together
What Client’s Say
Amazing experience! This was my first time doing acupuncture and Rafael made it great! He’s incredibly professional & caring for the patients’ opinions, concerns, etc. Spends as long as you need with you & has a generous heart. I highly suggest him! Can’t wait to be back!
I highly recommend Living Room Acupuncture!!!
Very tailored treatment and a great ability, if need be, to treat a problem in a multitude of ways.
Personalized attention, safe atmosphere.
Treatments are affordable, quick, and get the job done!