Acupuncture is a method of encouraging the body to promote natural healing and to improve functioning. This is done by inserting needles and applying heat or electrical stimulation at very precise acupuncture points.
The classic Chinese explanation is that channels of energy run in regular patterns through the body and over its surface. These energy channels, called meridians, are like rivers flowing through the body to irrigate and nourish the tissue. An obstruction in the movement of these energy rivers is like a dam that backs up the flow.
The meridians can be influenced by needling the acupuncture points; the acupuncture needles unblock the obstructions at the dams, and reestablish the regular flow through the meridians. Acupuncture treatments can therefore help the body’s internal organs to correct imbalances in digestion, absorption, and energy production activities, and in the circulation of energy through the meridians.
The modern scientific explanation is that needling the acupuncture points stimulates the nervous system to release chemicals in the muscles, spinal cord, and brain. These chemicals will either change the experience of pain, or they will trigger the release of other chemicals and hormones which influence the body’s own internal regulating system.
The improved energy and biochemical balance produced by acupuncture results in stimulating the body’s natural healing abilities, and in promoting physical and emotional well-being.
Living Room’s Other Services
We do more than just acupuncture at Living Room. There are other services that can be very helpful in increasing the health of a patient. Each person is unique and there are many modalities that can be particularly helpful to different clients.
- Moxa can have a strong herbal odor when it is burned. We use smokeless and odorless moxa in our clinic for our clients with allergies or sensitivities.
- Some patient’s are given moxa sticks to self medicate as homework. We have found that this helps in the healing and recovery process.
- Most clients report falling into a slumber like sensation when receiving reiki.
- Reiki works at the energetic levels of the human energy field and also affects the physical functioning of the body.
- Cupping has become in vogue with Hollywood celebrities such as Gwenyth Paltrow sporting cupping marks on her back.
- You don’t have to be a Hollywood celebrity to take advantage of this ancient healing modality.
Why Choose Us
- Our fees are affordable so that you can get all the treatments you need
- All our acupuncturists are board certified by the Florida Board of Acupuncture
- We are conveniently located in Downtown Miami with easy access to major highways
- You can come with your spouse or friend and we can treat you together
What Client’s Say
Amazing experience! This was my first time doing acupuncture and Rafael made it great! He’s incredibly professional & caring for the patients’ opinions, concerns, etc. Spends as long as you need with you & has a generous heart. I highly suggest him! Can’t wait to be back!
I highly recommend Living Room Acupuncture!!!
Very tailored treatment and a great ability, if need be, to treat a problem in a multitude of ways.
Personalized attention, safe atmosphere.
Treatments are affordable, quick, and get the job done!